The Primary Education phase of your child's life is so important in terms of helping children develop and build the foundation of necessary skills for learning and retention. These are the years where we can influence the desire to learn and to create a life long passion for learning.
At Oasis Academy Longmeadow we offer a curriculum that will develop confident, independent learners and enable every pupil to achieve their personal best. We believe that all of our students are capable of experiencing remarkable success given the right conditions to succeed no matter what their starting point is. To that end we offer our young people a diverse, fun, experiential curriculum, designed to suit all needs and learning types. Whether children are are hands on learners or prefer to listen and absorb, we tailor our classes to help your child get the best from their time with us.
We teach the full range of National curriculum subjects which are:
- English (reading, writing, speaking and listening, handwriting and spelling)
- Please visit our Art Day Gallery to see the amazing work created by our students this year
- Design Technology (this is includes cookery in our teaching kitchen)
- PE (Physical Education - including dance)
- Why is PE so special at the Academy - A curriculum to develop children's character and competence
- PSH and CE (Personal, Social, Health and Citzenship Education)
- Modern Foreign Languages
We also go above and beyond the National Curriculum. Please click on the link Curriculum Overview for information on the 2021-22 curriculum.
Every year each child will:
- Enjoy art and culture through trips to the theatres, museums and galleries
- Be an active citizen, making a difference in the community
- Learn in and about our local community
- Develop a global perspective and celebrate diversity
- Learn about nature and enjoy being outdoors
- Have opportunities and experiences which broaden their horizons and raise their aspirations.
To find out more about what your child will be offered please please click - Our Exciting Curriculum
To read our Curriculum Statement please click on the link
If you have any questions about our curriculum please contact Helen Adams, Principal