Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
Oasis’ ethos is based on an overarching theme of Inclusion; welcoming, encouraging and enabling all to achieve their best whatever the challenges may be in doing so.
As an Academy we:
- Identify children with SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) and ensure provision is made in accordance with the SEND Code of Practice
- Have an appointed SENCO (Special Educational Needs Coordinator)
- Invest in targeted training for staff
- Ensure that teaching is inclusive and support practices are embedded throughout the academy
- Plan for transitions across all Key Stages
The Academy is committed to helping all students to flourish regardless of their specific needs. We believe that every person matters and it is our responsibility to do everything we can to enable them to reach their full potential. If a student has special educational needs or a disability (SEND), the Academy will take every reasonable step to identify and meet them.
In line with the Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Code of Practice 0 - 25 (2015) these children are placed on the Academy’s SEND register. Their progress is closely monitored and reviewed at regular intervals. Individual plans may be written for children with Special Educational Needs and are reviewed regularly with parents/carers. If necessary the Academy is able to access many support agencies in order to help meet children's needs.
Should you require further information please contact the SEND lead Mrs Soyka Krupa.