The Oasis Community Learning (OCL) family of academies are split into five regions of England – London and the South East, the South Coast, the Midlands, the South West and the North.
Each Academy ensures local governance through a Hub Council, whilst national governance is delivered through the OCL National Office, and Regional Directors (RDs).
Each region is supported by at least one RD who is accountable to the CEO of OCL, and accountable for the Principals of academies in their region.
The job of a Regional Director is to:
- Oversee regional delivery of education, including standards and leadership as well as performance outcomes
- Ensure professional governance across all Academies in their region
- Monitor Academy budgets and escalations
- Monitor and escalate high risk HR cases, IT services issues, property and estates, new business and capital project issues
- Monitor, audit and intervene on safeguarding issues and health and safety issues
The Interim Regional Director for secondary academies within the South West region is Tom Verity.
Tom joined Oasis as Regional Director in 2020. He has over 16 years' experience of working as a Headteacher, Executive Headteacher and Principal of an international school in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.
During his time as an Executive Headteacher, Tom was privileged to be part of a leadership team that took three schools from Requires Improvement to Outstanding and Good in a short period of time. As a National Leader of Education, he particularly enjoyed supporting schools and leaders by empowering others to develop culture, leadership and learning, so the whole school community flourished.
To read more about the governance structure, please click here.